This is one of my favorite recipes. It is healthy, delicious and very simple.
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 small or 2 large sweet potatoes/yams, peeled and diced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy bottomed skillet (I like to use my cast iron), heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Fry until brown and cooked through, around 8-10 minutes, stirring a few times to ensure even browning.
- In a separate skillet, brown the sliced kielbasa for around 5 minutes in 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Remove the kielbasa from the pan and set aside. Add the peppers and onions to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes and kielbasa to the skillet with the onions and peppers and mix everything together. Serve nice and hot!