This recipe is perfect for summer! And so very delicious! I made the first time to try it out and the taste of dill reminded me of the hot summer days I spent in my great grandmother’s garden. The second time I made it for my boyfriend and my roommate, and even though they both come from very different backgrounds, they both loved it as much as I did. Hope you enjoy!
- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup shelled green peas (about 1 pound unshelled green peas) or frozen green peas
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas and shrimp during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine pasta mixture and radishes in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour over pasta mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Serve at room temperature, or cover and chill until ready to serve.