This is a very quick, summery recipe. It’s for those times when you don’t have much in the fridge and your tummy is grumbling.
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the corn, raise the heat slightly and cook until the corn is heated through and golden, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- Add the vegetables, butter and basil to the pasta and toss.