This was delicious and quick to make. The original recipe calls for 3 cloves of garlic – when I made it, it was definitely too garlicky for me. Also called for 2 cans of beans – I just used 1.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (4-ounce) links chicken sausage, cut into (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 zucchini, quartered and cut into (1/2-inch) slices (about 2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 6 cups chopped trimmed kale (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and sausage 4 minutes or until sausage is browned. Add zucchini and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add kale and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.